- The management of our online gaming system complies with highly ethical and professional standards in order to provide the Player with a secure service. Wish Me Luck Ltd is the company dealing with all the systems and back office operations. Its registered office is situated at 527 St Paul's Street, St. Paul’s Bay, Malta.
- The Company grants the Player security from three different aspects involved in its systems:
- The Company is also licensed to provide remote gaming by the State of Malta, a European Member State. The Company operates with a regular license issued according to the specific regulations on online gaming of the Republic of Malta – L.N. 176 of 2004 Lotteries and Other Games Act, 2001 (Act. No. XXIV of 2001) Remote Gaming Regulations, 2004 and the Company is subject to regular policies and procedures issued by the Malta Gaming Authority, the regulatory administrative branch with powers to oversee all forms of gaming in and from Malta. Malta is the first member country of the European Union with a regulation on online gaming, providing the Company and the Players with a complex legal infrastructure that cannot be matched by any similar offshore solution.
- The Company will hold in strict confidentiality all information on Players. A breach of such a policy may only take place if the Company is compelled to do so by the Governing Authority and/or in the event of a Player violating the Company’s rules.
- The Player shall be asked to choose his Login and Password details. It is a Player's own responsibility not to share this information. If the Player has reason to believe that others have become party to this information, the Player should immediately contact the Company’s customer service and manually change the password.
- The Company provides Players with different payment and transfer methods.
- Credit card deposits may, from time to time, be partially and/or fully declined subject to certain security systems managed in collaboration with a payment solution provider and/or a financial institution. Such security measures may decline legitimate credit cards, which nevertheless, at a particular time, it is not possible to process. The Company’s personnel do not control the said systems, nor have they any knowledge, of the reasons for any deposits being declined.
- The Application Form will be protected by SSL encryption (HTTPS). This will protect the personal details while in transit over the internet. The password shall be stored using a non-reversible hash key to ensure that the password is stored securely and cannot be stolen. Strong passwords will be enforced. Authenticity checks are carried out on the Player to ensure their validity; after which the Account is activated. The Player will receive an email confirming his registration and details upon login, but without the password; the password is never communicated via email.
- Players who lose or forget their password, may indicate such on the Internet Site. Players shall then receive a code via email which grants temporary access to their respective Account. Once temporary access is granted to the Account through the use of the code, the password may be changed by the Player.
- The Company will request documents to verify identity and/or authorisation to use a specific credit card and/or other facts provided by the Player, before expediting deposits and/or withdrawals. The Company is also bound by and falls under strict anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
- Maximum privacy is provided for all banking transactions between the Player’s bank and the relevant credit institution offering its services to the Company.
- The Company ensures that the Player’s credit card number will never be communicated to any other parties except to the financial institutions dealing with transactions and in special cases where divulgence of information is required by a court of law or by relevant administrative authorities.
- The Company’s Games comply with Maltese legislation and are set so that online gaming can give entertainment opportunities. The necessary precautions are taken not to encourage Players to play large amounts of money and high payouts to Players.
- The Company’s system is tested and is subject to a regular monitoring. The software is monitored 24 hours a day, according to the laws of Malta and regulations governing the remote gaming licence.
- The Company has to comply with all the legal restrictions envisaged to safeguard the Player. The licence is issued by the Regulatory Authority only after checking the existence of some assumptions, including:
- The Regulatory Authority shall revoke the authorisation given should one of the above-mentioned legal assumptions not be respected. This is the guarantee that the Player is being given. Therefore, it is the Company’s precise duty to ensure compliance with procedures related to security and transparency while the Players play.
- To maintain a high level of security and integrity in the system, the Company reserves the right to conduct a security review at any time to validate the Player’s identity, age, the registration data provided by the Player, to verify the Player’s playing of the Games and the Player’s financial transactions for potential breach of these T&Cs and of the Governing Law. As such the Player authorizes the Company and its employees to make any inquiries of the Player and for the Company to use and disclose to any third party We consider necessary to validate the information the Player provides to Us or should provide to Us in accordance with these T&Cs, including but not limited to, ordering a credit report and/or otherwise verifying the information against third party databases. In addition, to facilitate these security reviews, the Player agrees to provide such information or documentation as the Company, in its unfettered discretion, may request.
(i) the proper use of interactive games;
(ii) player protection;
(iii) the prevention of money laundering; and
(iv) public needs.